These tofu breakfast burritos are perfect for a quick and easy meal. You can prep these burritos in under 30 minutes making them ideal for a busy work day! These burritos provide well rounded nutrition with protein from both tofu and black beans.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
14 oz Extra Firm Tofu
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Turmeric
½ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Medium Red Onion, diced
1 15.5 oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 15.5 oz can Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
1 - 1 ½ tsp Adobo Seasoning
5 Tortilla Wraps
½ cup Salsa
- Press your tofu by placing it between two layers of paper towels. Place a heavy-weighted pan or cutting board over the top layer of paper towel. Allow the tofu to sit like this for ~15 minutes.
- While tofu is pressing, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute red pepper and onion until fragrant and tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn and adobo seasoning to the frying pan. Cook until black beans and corn are warm; about another 4 minutes. Set veggie mixture aside.
- Crumble pressed tofu into a small bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, turmeric and pepper to the bowl. Mix well.
- In the same pan used to cook the veggie mixture, fry the tofu scramble until lightly crisped and browned.
- Lay tortillas on the countertop or another flat surface. Spread 2 tbsp of salsa down the middle of each wrap. Add ⅕ of veggie mixture and tofu scramble to the center of each tortilla. Fold tortilla into a tight burrito. Start by folding in the two ends of the tortilla over the filling followed by the top and bottom of the tortilla so that filling is completely covered.
- If eating now, place one burrito at a time into the frying pan, seam side down, to crisp. Gently flip the burrito to crisp the top. Serve warm with extra salsa!
- If saving for later, wrap burritos in tin foil and store in the fridge or in a freezer safe bag in the freezer. To reheat, warm the oven to 350℉ and bake in tin foil for 20-30 minutes.