I know what you’re thinking- walnut "meat" sounds kinda crazy. Don’t be fooled though! This recipe is perfect for making beef-less tacos. After soaking your walnuts for 2-4 hrs in warm water, the walnuts soften to create a perfect meat-like texture. Throw them in a food processor with plenty of taco seasonings, pulse for a few seconds, and viola! You’ve got the perfect filling for your Taco Tuesday dinner! We chose to fill our taco shells with walnut taco “meat”, rice, beans, corn, salsa, vegan cheese and avocado. This recipe would also work great for loaded burritos or nachos! The possibilities are endless! Make sure to comment below how you’ve enjoyed this walnut taco “meat”. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 2-4 hrs
Total Time: 2-4 hrs + 10 mins
2 cups Raw Walnuts
1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
1 ½ tsp Soy Sauce
1-2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
½ tsp Chili Powder
¼ tsp Ground Coriander
¼ tsp Pepper
- Soak raw walnuts in warm water for 2-4 hrs or until soft.
- Drain soaked walnuts and add to a food processor.
- Add all spices, olive oil, and soy sauce to the food processor.
- Pulse walnuts until it resembles a “beefy” texture; about 15-30 seconds.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, warm walnut taco filling until warm; about 5-10 minutes.