In case you didn’t know by now, I absolutely love the versatility of jackfruit. This cajun-braised jackfruit is the first jackfruit recipe I ever made and it is still my favorite. We make this recipe almost every week. This jackfruit is perfect for grain bowls, tacos or just on it’s own! I recommend pairing this spicy jackfruit with coconut rice and black beans!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
1 20 oz can Jackfruit
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
½ tsp Pepper
2- 2 ½ tbsp Cajun Seasoning (I prefer mine pretty spicy so I add 2 ½ tbsp)
3 tbsp Lime Juice
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp White Vinegar
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced onions and saute until soft and fragrant; about 7 minutes.
- Drain the jackfruit and chop into smaller pieces (allows for a “meatier/pulled” texture when cooking stove top).
- Add the jackfruit to the onions in the frying pan.
- Add the nutritional yeast, cajun seasoning, lime juice, soy sauce and white vinegar to the frying pan and stir well.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer on low-medium heat for 20-25 minutes.