It is starting to look like spring here in North Carolina! There is something about a warm sunny day that leaves me craving a fruity, sweet dessert. This Mojito Sweet Bread has such a fun, refreshing flavor. It’s loaded with both lime juice and zest as well as plenty of fresh mint leaves. With or without icing, this bread is perfect to pair with a glass of iced tea, lemonade, or maybe something a little more “adult”! Give it a try and let me know in the comments what you think!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 50-60 mins
2 cups Flour
¾ cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
⅓ cup Lime Juice
3 tbsp Lime Zest
½ cup Fresh Mint Leaves (shredded)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp Lime Juice
Shredded Mint Leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl; mix vegetable oil, almond milk, lime juice, lime zest, mint leaves, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. The loaf is done baking when the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the middle of the loaf.
- Mix icing ingredients while the loaf is cooling.
- Once the loaf is completely cool, drizzle the loaf with your icing. Let icing sit for about 15 minutes before cutting.