I’ll be the first to admit that I have the biggest sweet tooth. I love cakes, cookies, and candies. This recipe combines two of my favorite desserts: chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes. By freezing balls of cookie dough overnight, they can be cooked right in the middle of these cupcakes and still keep their doughy, fudgy texture. Serve these at your next holiday or birthday party!
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
½ cup Vegan Butter (room temperature)
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Sugar
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 cup + 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Vegan Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
½ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup of Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
¾ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
¾ cup Vegan Butter (room temperature)
2 ½ cups Confectioner’s Sugar
2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 cup Cookie Dough (room temperature)
Extra Chocolate Chips for Decorating!
Day 1: Make Cookie Dough:
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla extract and almond milk to the sugar mixture. Beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Set aside 1 cup of the cookie dough to be used in frosting!
- Stir ½ cup of mini chocolate chips into remaining cookie dough.
- Separate and roll dough into 12 equal sized balls (approximately 1 inch in diameter). Place cookie dough balls in a parchment-lined, airtight container and freeze overnight.
Day 2: Make Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- Whisk almond milk, vegetable oil, sugars, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to wet mixture. Mix well.
- Fill each baking cup about half way. Add a frozen cookie dough ball to each cupcake liner. Divide the remaining cupcake batter among the baking cups, drizzling it over any cookie dough balls that may not be fully submerged in batter. *Make sure not to fill the cupcake liners over ¾ full to ensure they do not overflow!*
- Bake cupcakes for ~20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow cupcakes to cool fully on cooling rack before frosting.
- Cream butter with mixer.
- Add confectioner’s sugar, almond milk, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Mix in 1 cup of the reserved cookie dough.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with extra chocolate chips.