One of my favorite fall activities is apple picking. I love walking through the rows of trees and picking fresh Macintosh apples until my bag is so full and heavy that it feels like my arms might break! That’s usually my queue to eat one.. ya know.. to lighten the load. However, a day of apple picking would not be complete without apple cider donuts! They are the perfect fall treat; perfectly sweet and spiced. This recipe makes 18 mini donuts perfect for enjoying with your morning cup of coffee.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
6 tbsp Warm Water
½ cup Vegetable Oil
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Salt
1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
1 ¼ tsp Baking Powder
1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
½ cup Apple Cider
4 tbsp Vegan Butter
¼ cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a 12-cavity donut pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground flax seed and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes to create a flax egg.
- Add vegetable oil, sugars, vanilla extract and salt to the mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and spices to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Carefully spoon batter into the prepared donut pan. Fill each cavity until it is about ¾ s full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the donut pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Melt vegan butter in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Dip each donut face down into the melted butter and then immediately into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat until all 12 donuts are covered with cinnamon sugar!